Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pleasant Ridge Cemetery

Yesterday M, and I, and my brother made the trip to Pleasant Ridge Cemetery outside LaConner.  It is the oldest Cemetery in Skagit County, a bit out of the way, but so worth the drive.  Two of my favorite things about cemeteries are art, and history.  This one was rich in both.  There are cool old grave markers mixed with cool new ones.
Though there is no office, the website makes it easy to find the graves you are looking for.  My grandma's brother and my step-grandma are both buried there.  I did not have any way to access the internet, so I will have to make a return trip to visit their graves.  If you are a Skagit county resident, you can buy a grave site for only $300.00, which is a great deal.  It is beautiful and peaceful and well kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment